Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tye Dye Star Necklace

Tye Dye Star NecklaceI wanted to make a nice hand-made gift for my future mother-in-law, so I had the idea to make a hemp necklace with flat polymer clay beads along the lines as my Rose Necklace that I love so much. For her necklace, I decided to use yellow, green, black, and white polymer clay beads, a star-shaped centerpiece, and an easy-to-use magnetic clasp. Initially, I’d had the idea to make bead designs in the shape of trees…but the cane I made came out more abstract and tie-dye looking (this was one of my early forays into making my own canes of polymer clay). The unexpectedly pleasant color combination, together with the unusual-looking abstraction of the shapes actually made for a cool, unique necklace that seemed to go really well with the star-shape motif of the centerpiece. So you could call this whole design a happy accident, but my fiancĂ©’s mother really liked it.










No comments:

Post a Comment